Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hello again

First, a brief introduction for those who don't know me. I'm Kevin Agee, a Royals fan first and a journalism student at Missouri State University. Some of you may remember me from Kevin's Royals Blog (KRB). As you may or may not know, KRB has been dormant for most of the last two or three years following a two-year run of blogging I really enjoyed.

A little bit of retrospective: I had a lot of fun with KRB. In 2005, we begged the Royals to drop Ken Harvey in favor of Calvin Pickering, which they eventually did. At the time I thought it was a great success. Walks and power triumphed over batting average and grit. Unfortunately the fun was short-lived, but Pickering's reign as the Royals designated hitter was fun while it lasted. You know, the whole month of April, before he too was let go.

On a smaller scale, we marveled at the day the Royals started both Denny Hocking and Super Joe McEwing, eulogized the end of Tony Pena's managerial career, advocated the end to Terrence Long's reign of terror and looked forward to the day then-teenager Billy Butler would fulfill his promise at Kauffman Stadium. I am proud to say that one seems to be working out well for the Royals.

The reasons for ceasing the operation over there are numerous; I guess mostly I didn't enjoy writing about the Royals anymore. However, with the school year (and a whole bunch of writing) headed my way on Monday, I decided to get back into the Royals blogosphere with a new page: Cowtown. The idea is the same: Write about the Royals mostly, but also use this space for other fun stuff I like. It is hard to say how long this will last. It may last through the weekend, through the end of the month or past 2009. I just don't know.

However, what I do know is that the Royals are interesting enough to write about again, and that's the biggest reason why I'm here. Unfortunately they're not interesting because they've finally put a good product on the field. On the contrary, the organization seems to be in greater disarray than it was during the Baird regime. The difference is that the disarray under Dayton Moore is actually quite comical, especially when he makes questionable decisions and then calls out his team's fans in the press for doing the questioning.

Anyway, I look forward to joining the tremendous group of Royals bloggers in writing about this team we all wish we could just give up on already. You can also find me on Twitter @TryKevinToday. I'm a rookie blogger again. Feels good.

No comments: